Unfortunately, I learned the importance of probiotics when I caught C-Diff in a hospital, giving birth to my baby. A terrible infection that caused a lot digestive problems and later on food allergies. After the initial symptoms were cured, I started seeing a wellness doctor on regular basis. One of his immediate suggestion was to start taking probiotics. I take a them everyday and I see a big difference. I went through a few different kinds and brands and the ones I like the most is Ultimate Flora, which contains 50 billion live cultures. It has a delayed release capsule to make sure it reaches the colon and has maximum effects. I also give them to my daughter, which I believe helps her with her immune system. Taken in supplement form or in food, probiotics help maintain the good bacteria in the gut. And as most studies out there show, a healthy gut is directly linked to the overall mental and physical health. We all have gone through years of poor eating habits, taking antibiotics, and other things that can cause an unbalance in the digestive system. Probiotics is the cure for balancing your system and getting it back on track.
My Top 6 Reasons to Consume Probiotics:
1. If you need to take antibiotics you should consume Saccharomyces boulardii. This yeast helps protect your own bacteria from being damaged. After the antibiotics are done you should switch to a high quality L. acidophilus for 1-2 months.
2. If your child is in school he or she should be taking probiotics. I give my daughter a powdered form (easy to hide). I have read in many studies that there is a significant decrease in colds or flues. This is because probiotics increase your immune system.
3. If you have intestinal problems probiotics line the intestinal tract which help with digestion.
4. I have read that probiotics help with eczema and many other skin conditions.
5. Helps prevent cancer
6. If you consume processed food or consume non-organic meat and dairy products that contain antibiotics. These foods destroy the good bacteria in the gut. This makes it necessary to add probiotics to your daily routine.