With summer coming to a close, I cannot say that I am really sad. The truth is I am a fall kind of girl! There is nothing like the beautiful colors, amazing fall clothes (I love comfy sweaters), and the great activities you can do with your kids. So, in honor of my all-time favorite season of the year, I decided to compile a list of exciting outdoor fall activities for you to enjoy with your kids. I would love for you to share your favorite activities that you do with your kids during the fall season.
1. Go apple picking and bake an apple pie – We go apple picking every year but we have never baked an apple pie. I think it will be fun to share this with Emma.
2. Make a pot of soup – I am so excited that cool weather is approaching. My family and I are big fans of hot soups and there is nothing better than eating a bowl of hot soup when it gets a little chilly.
3. Go to a pumpkin patch and select the biggest pumpkin and a few little ones.
4. Have a pumpkin decorating party – A friend of mine throws a pumpkin decorating party every year. All of us get together for a day filled with great food, wonderful kids activities, and pumpkin carving.
5. Make a campfire and roast marshmallows.
6. Go hiking and enjoy the beautiful weather - Kids may also enjoy bringing along autumn journals and crayons for recording observations and making leaf rubbings, and small paper bags for storing treasures found along the path.
7. Visit a corn maze.
8. Go on a hay ride.
9. Rake leaves, make a huge pile, and jump right in!
10. Go trick or treating – For the past three years, all of our friends come over with their kids and we go trick or treating. It has become a tradition in our house and Emma looks forward to this every year.