As a personal stylist who is surrounded by so much color in the world of fashion I got inspired. I decided to add color to my wardrobe and to my food. With the help of my friend, Lora Niazov, who gave me this wonderful recipe, I decided to make colorful vegan stuffed peppers.
Here’s what you will need:
- 6 peppers
- 3/4 cup of brown rice
- 3/4 cup of black forbidden rice
- organic veggie broth
- canned fire roasted tomatoes
- 3 shallots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 cups of white mushrooms
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tbsp of tumeric
- salt and pepper to taste
Here’s what to do……..
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet and 3 finely chopped shallots
- Add 2 grated carrots and 2 cups of mushrooms. Saute until the shallots brown
- Add 3 chopped tomatoes and stir in. While stirring add tumeric, chili powder, and salt to taste
- Add the veggie broth and the cooked rice. Stir well.
- Turn of the heat
- Stuff each pepper until completely full
- Top the peppers with fire roasted tomatoes
- Place the peppers in oven safe bowl, cover with foil, and bake it for 350 degree oven for 30 min
Happy Healthy Eating!